Monday, December 19, 2011

Demystify: New, Improved + Taking Over

I'm hip to what all the cool cats are into... well, I'm trying to keep up anyway. It's funny how 'old' one can become in just a few years time in this racing age of technology.

First, I must make a brief mention of the design updates. I'm sure you can see for yourself as this site has undergone a bit of an overhaul. Now, everything is unified -- Fb, Twitter, this website + my new biz cards, which are coming in the mail this week. EEEEeeee!



I often forget that I'm not the craptacular designer that I believe I am. See... challenging assumptions, peeps, I still do it daily. As I've said before, the self-annihalting insecurities, doubt + criticism that comes with the territory is why I'm not designing full-time anymore. But, I've still got the skills that do come in handy. I can wield them well in small doses.

You'll also note that I've landed on an abrieviated version of the title, Demystifying My Depression, which is simply Demystify. My abused typing fingers thank me.

Lastly, I've created a few new accounts for Demystify online... I'm slowly taking over the web:


Demystify Daily
http://paper.li/srexroth/1324038039

On the right you'll find a new widget 'Hear Ye. Hear Ye.' which has the daily highlights of the Demystify's online newspaper. It's somewhat self-explanatory as more + more peeps are starting these newspapers, but basically, mine scours the internet + twitter for the best of mental health + mental illness articles + publishes them daily.

Note: I'm still tweaking the parameters + frequency. It may turn into a sort of daily publication. Also, the keyword 'depression' brings up a lot of results for the econonmic +/or great depression which is less appropriate for my mental health advocacy ambitions, but no technology is perfect. C'est la vie. I do a little moderating + editing, but it basically runs itself + is amazing.

You'll see the newested edition tweeted daily on my profile, but you should totally subscribe + favorite it for yourself:)


Demystify Channel
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/demystifyingmydepression

Though I'm an introvert by nature, I've learned to become a bit a social butterfly + I love the happenings that Pittsburgh offers. What better way to capture the great ones relating to mental health than to bring you along with me by video?

With my trusty iPhone + a Ustream app, I'm broadcasting live from many events -- look for the tweets of when I'm going live. The latest two events are archived for your viewing pleasure, anywhere/anytime.

I'll include a few, but make sure to join Demystify's crowd + chat with me live during the events. I can see your comments on my iPhone screen while recording + can answer verbally or by typing. It's super neato.

As with all technology, I'm getting used to the interface, the limitations of an iPhone camera + best practices of videography. It's an art-form of it's own... I'm getting better + really enjoying it already. I'm really excited about this medium's potential.



Me & Gab after Brillobox show. Note: cameras don't lie...
it has captured both of our crazy eyes (HIMYM).
Mine just happen to be a little worse on this particular night:) 


Comedy + Tragedy = Gab Bonesso
"A Comedy Show with Levels"
Sat, 12/17/2011, 8pm, Bricolage




Headliner: Gab Bonesso and special guests: John McIntire, Josh Verbanets (Meeting of Important People), Dustin Wickett, Tami Dixon + Stephanie Rex.
(No, it's not me... this Stephanie is my name doppleganger in Pgh. She's super cool:)



Gab Bonesso's Comedy Night at Brillobox
Tues, 12/13/2011, 8pm
 



MC, Gab Bonesso, opens: Pgh Power, Tampon Bacterium, Save Community, Sad Christmas Memories, Ultra-frugal Grandma, HS Prom Date, School Group Therapy, Non-reunions, What's My Name... yeah, + she wasn't even 'performing' for real tonight:)

1st set = Whesly Porter Washington Gadsden: Barely Legal Gf Awesomeness + Woes, Short Jokes, Employing Fam + Friends, Gay People, Racism/Black Jokes, A Christmas Story, ADHD.




Gab's intro for 2nd comedian: Christmas story -- the 'talk' with dad... Santa's not real; being the crazy kid who believes in Santa; Mom's over-reaction to 'the news'; the facade lives on to this day. Being a woman, F-in Lesbians.

2nd set = Phil McCahill: Crackheads, Aderral Shortage, ADD Guy, Med Envy, Sociopaths + Psychopaths + Tina Fey Stalking, A Christmas Story (Xanax Realities, Responsibilities + Repercussions), AIM, Dysfunctional Family Violence, Conspiracy-theorist...


See the rest of the Crazy Power local comedians: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/demystifyingmydepression

Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment